Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Mele Kalikimaka

Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say
On a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day!
Well it's currently 81 and mostly sunny and weather-wise doesn't feel how you'd expect Christmas Day to feel. For my first Xmas in paradise I've done some extra work to create the holiday cheer.

I find it takes all your senses to create a memory. Since I can't make the temperature any colder, I'm working with my other senses to make things feel cheery and bright. I've got my eye, ears, nose and mouth full with the Chistmas spirit!!!

My house smells delicious with the holiday staples I'm cooking. I've got monkey bread for breakfast. For the midday meal I have turkey, dressing and homemade cranberry sauce. I'll end the day with a nice glass of wine (or maybe two). 

To keep the spirit going I have Christmas music on constant loop. I'm currently relaxing to Hawaiian slack key guitar Christmas hits. When that's done, I'll go back to iTunes Christmas classic audio station. If that gets to be too much, I'm sure there's a lifetime holiday movie on!

I didn't do too many decorations this year, but I bought a little tree that is tiny, but perfect. I've also brought out the holiday mugs for drinking my Kona coffee..yum! And nothing makes the place look more like the holidays than skype with the family, it almost felt like I was in the living room with them!

Here's what a Hawaiian holiday looks like:
Sand sculptures at the Sheraton Hotel
Christmas Eve rainbow (if you look closely, it's actually a double rainbow). I've been blessed with three rainbows in the last week!
My tiny tree out on my lanai
Holiday crafts at the hospital. Apparently I'm a fancy reindeer... But as always I live purple!!!
Flatpenny getting in on the Christmas fun!
Skype with the family

Through the years 
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a star upon the higest bough. 
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now. 


And let's not forget the pic of the week:

Mahalo, Mele Kalikimaka, Merry Christmas & Happy holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment