Tuesday, June 24, 2014

It's gettin hot in herre

I was like, good gracious, that temp is outrageous! (Thanks to Nelly and memories of 2002 for inspiring this blog.)

Back in November, during my new employee physical, I was whining about the hot temperatures. The RN laughed and told me that in 6-12 months my blood would thin and I wouldn't notice the heat anymore. I'm still waiting...

Well now it's summer and it's officially HOT! Here's some examples of when I want to whine and complain about the temperature:
- getting ready in the morning and I start sweating before 7am
- walking to work... it's nice, but hot
- while running around the hospital & have to wear a gown over my clothes for every single patient
- walking home from work... again it's nice, but even hotter in the afternoon 
- while at the gym where all the sweaty people make it feel even hotter 
- cooking in my kitchen that feels like a sauna when the oven is on 
- at bedtime when I turn the AC on and I STILL feel hot

Have you figured out the trend yet?!? I'm hot all the time. 

Now the funny thing is when I start complaining about the temperature, people start asking about the weather in Georgia. They assume that Honolulu has Atlanta beat in the heat & humidity department. What they don't realize is that before the move I spent every minute of every summer enjoying central AC. Now I'm spending more time outside and only turn my window AC unit on for 8 hours a day. 

In case you were wondering what the weather was like in Honolulu today. 

And yes, it was hotter in Atlanta today. 

Now one of my new favorite things. What better way to cool off than a homemade popscicle?!?

Recipe
Orange segment
Blueberries
Sugar free juice
- Fill popscicle mold with the ingredients 
- Freeze for at least four hours 
- Cool off and enjoy!
(Don't have a popscicle mold? You can buy one from Amazon like I did or you can use Dixie cups and wooden sticks)

And now for the pic of the week:

The snails don't seem to mind the heat & humidity... They're everywhere!!

Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. Why a gown with every kid? That sounds like a horrible idea!

    ReplyDelete