Saturday, June 28, 2014

Booze, Books & Bodybuilding

Much like an episode of Sesame Street, today's post is brought to you by the letter "B". This past weekend was a busy one and it was all about: Booze, Books & Bodybuilding. Wouldn't put those together would you? Here's how I did...

Instead of my regular Friday night workout, I joined some friends for pau hana (happy hour). The dive bar in Waikiki specialized in cheap Mai tais, half priced pupus and a lot of military men. The drinks weren't bad for being well drinks and it was funny watching all these clean-cut guys singing "Sweet Caroline" along with the jukebox. 

It's not that Mai tais are my favorite drink, but they are so very Hawaiian. 

Saturday morning I visited the annual Friends of the Library book sale. It was incredible. Imagine a high school cafeteria full of book lovers and discounted books. To make the event even better every book was an additional 50% off. The only bad part... I walked, so I had to carry all my new books over a mile to get them home!

So many books to chose from!
I think I showed restraint with my purchases ;-)

Saturday night I attended Ikaika, a bodybuilding/figure/bikini competition. The competition was a whole day event, but my group decided to go out for dinner and then show up for the awards portion. 

When it came to the competitors I found the bodybuilders to be ridiculous. Their bodies were just TOO big. But the figure and bikini competitors were impressive. It was particularly amazing seeing the two girls from my gym go from people I workout with to being all glammed, tanned and oiled up. 

My group decided to get dressed up for the night out. I didn't wear heels like everyone else, but I did wear my hair down. #babysteps

Dinner with a champagne toast. 

Overly muscly men. . . Ew!

Overall it was a great night supporting my gym ohana. 

And now for the pic of the week:
 This picture of the sun was taken through a rain drizzle. 

Mahalo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment