Tuesday, November 18, 2014

1 year

This past weekend was one of reflection and celebration. 
- Thursday was the anniversary of my move to HI. 
- Friday I went out to celebrate with the girls. 
- Saturday I went to a picnic celebrating the anniversary of my gym. 
- Sunday was ukulele lessons. 

It's hard to believe a whole year has gone by. Some days it feels like so much has changed. Other days it feels like I just moved here yesterday. 

525,600 minutes in Hawaii!

I celebrated with dinner and drinks with the girls. Luckily it was my cheat day so I enjoyed mojitos and pizza... Yum!

At the picnic the next day there wasmore delicious food to choose from. But since it was a gym event, there was plenty of healthy choices. 

The big surprise of the picnic was the awards. Four awards were handed out. I received the first one. It was in recognition of all my online posts about the gym. 

This was me getting my "Loud & Proud" award. 

Check out all the swag I got at the picnic as a result of my award... Sweet!

And after my ukelele teacher reminded me (multiple times) I finally got a binder to hold all my music. I thought it was an appropriate choice. Haha. 

And now for the pic of the week:
It was a 79 degrees this weekend. Last year I would have considered this a hot day. This year I cuddled up in a long sleeve jacket and sipped on some hot tea. I now have a whole new definition of "chilly".

Mahalo!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! How's it already been a year? Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time flies when you are having fun. Not so much when you are missing someone. Cannot wait to see you.
    Love, dad

    ReplyDelete