Saturday, November 1, 2014

Trick or Treat

If you know me, you know that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love dressing up, being silly and acting like a kid. 

This year did not disappoint. I was able to expirience all the things I love about Halloween, but with a Hawaiian twist. 

At work the department dressed up as sushi. Last week I gave you a preview of my costume. This week I got to wear the final product. 
When you are dressed like a Japanese food product of course you need to pose like a Japanese tourist!

Since I don't like to mix my day and evening wear (jk), I decided to switch things up after work. I put on all my favorite purple clothing added some sweat bands and called myself "Super Penny". 

And of course Super Penny needed her own hero-worthy photo shoot. 
I started the evening eating and drinking at a food truck event. The night ended walking the strip staring at everyone in costume. The whole street felt like an unorganized parade. Here are some of the pictures I snapped:

Tourists love taking pictures of dogs in camel costumes. 
The guy on the ground is a welcome mat. The girl on top is a loofah. I don't think they had met prior to this moment. 
These ninjas sat stoically on the wall...for hours. 
Who's this crazy girl jumping on the streets of Waikīkī? Why it's Super Penny of course! And it only took 20+ tries to get this shot. 

Overall Hawaiian Halloween exceeded my expectations. It was the perfect combination of food, fun and friends. 

And now for the pic of the week:
We've had at least one rainbow every day this week. This beauty showed up for the Halloween festivities. Squint and you can see that it's a double rainbow...all the way!

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment