Sunday, November 30, 2014

Food, Friends, Fitness

Thanks to the holiday I was able to spend three whole days away from work this week. The holiday came at just the right time. The break gave me time to enjoy food, friends and fitness. 
Check out these beautiful pies my friend made. 

Thursday was Thanksgiving, but this year I used the day to celebrate Friendsgiving. I spent the morning working out, the afternoon cooking and the evening eating and drinking with friends. 
Big crowd at the gym on Thanksgiving

I wasn't in charge of the turkey this time (whew!). It was my first time eating a brined turkey that was cooked in a bag, definitely juicy.  

I made dressing as my contribution. After years of practicing with my Dad I finally got to make it solo. Not too bad!

I also made Strawberry Pretzel Salad. It was the first time most people had tried this "salad" and it was a hit!

Saturday I celebrated small business Saturday and got serious about my Christmas shopping. I'd show I picture of all my purchases, but I don't want to give a sneak peek of the Xmas gifts I bought. 

Sunday I spent the afternoon enjoying the beauty of HI. Instead of working out at the gym, I did a two-hour hike with some girls from the gym. 

Hanauma Bay looks ridiculously beautiful from high up above. 

We hiked all the way down to the ocean. Look at all the dried salt on the rocks. 

This is what the way down to the water looked like. 

The extra day off from work has got me excited about all the upcoming holidays. I'm now counting down the days until I have more time off & I get to spend it with my family. Woot woot!

And now for the pic of the week:
This was my attempt at the lotus pose. I guess I have some work to do on my flexibility. Haha. 

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment