Sunday, May 10, 2015

A hui hou

Hawaiians have a saying: "a hui hou", meaning see you later or until we meet again. 

Part of living on a island means that you're a little less accessible from the rest of the world. Even in this century filled with technology, we're still stuck in the middle of the Pacific. I can't just hop in my car and drive across state lines. Heck, I have to catch a plane just to get to the other side of the state!

Since moving to the Hawaii I've adapted to not seeing my family and friends on the mainland as much as I like. But I've yet to adapt to all the people moving to and from the island. This year I've already said goodbye to two friends and I'm prepping to say goodbye to four more. With all of this change I've discovered I really don't like "goodbyes"!

This month I'm saying goodbye to my trainer and friend, Jesse. In the last year we've trained together; we've hiked together; and we've laughed together. I hate to say goodbye, so since this is Hawaii I'll just say a hui hou... Until we meet again!

Our hiking group on one of the best hikes on the island. And of course Jesse is taking Mai with him. I hate that this group is slowly disbanding. 

First ever open water swim sprints, courtesy of Coach Jesse. 

Capturing the last team cheer. 

Gym progress pics, which wouldn't be possible without one of the best trainers ever! 

BTW- Blake, Devin and Chad are now welcome to start fighting to become my new favorite trainer. Haha. Good luck. 

And now for the pic of the week:

When looking for a picture to post on FB for Mother's Day, I came across this gem.  Consider this a #TBT one day early ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment