Wednesday, May 20, 2015

For the birds

This blog post is for the birds...literally. 

Before writing I Googled other phrases with the word "bird" in it. I came up with:

- Bird brain
- Flipping the bird
- Bird's eye view
- Early bird
- Strange bird
- Birds & the bees
- Put a bird on it 

Why all the fuss about birds?!? Well I seem to have acquired to myna birds. 
A couple of months ago they started visiting the railing on my lanai. Then I noticed they were dragging twigs, leaves and trash onto my windowsill. Now I can count on them to start singing (loudly) at 6am, seven days a week. 

I've put up with their trash and their early morning singing. I've even sacrificed using my window AC so as to not disturb their nest. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that some baby birds will be the next step. 

And now for the pic of the week:

In sticking with the nature theme, check out the little lizard that hitched a ride on the hood of my car. He stuck with me both to and from yoga. What a ride. 

Mahalo! 

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot to give up for you. I hope you are rewarded with "grand bird babies" . Thanks for the post. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete