Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Shameless Plug

For my birthday last year my grandparents gave me some money. I used that cash to buy an ukelele and quickly signed up for lessons.

Here's a closer look at "Kayleigh", my ukulele. 

In nine months of lessons I've worked on my pickin' and stummin'. I can play chart topping hits such as:
Twinkle Twinkle
Happy Birthday 
Just the Way You Are (cause HI loves Bruno Mars)
and
Kawaipunahele (everyone's favorite, duh.)

The highlight of my classes was learning Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me". It took months of requesting T-swizzle, I'm just not sure the rest of the class appreciated the song like I did. 

But this weekend is the culmination of nine months of lessons. It's the 45th Annual Ukulele Festival. From 10a-5p ukulele players from around the world will showcase their talents. In the afternoon I'll be taking the stage with Willie K (and probably 50 other strummers) and I'll play my little heart out. Listen closely and you may hear me singing as well!

Here's the festival poster with all the details. 

So if you're in the area, come to Kapiolani Park this Sunday and enjoy the show.  Pack a picnic, bring a blanket and we can spend the day enjoying the festivities. If you're lucky you might even win a free ukulele...I'd love to have more friends in my class!

I'll try to hold my uke right for the big day. It'll make it easier to play my two "greatest hits": Twist & Shout and Jamaica Farewell!

And now for the pic of the week:
This week I had to say goodbye as yet another friend moved to the mainland. I'm gonna miss this girl so much! 

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment