Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Catching up

Somehow the last week just got away from me. All the sudden it was Friday and I thought "Shooooot I don't think I posted on my blog". So this week will be a hodge podge of things in an attempt to get caught up. 

First things first. The Ukulele Festival was a success. The day was beautiful. The musicians were amazing. And as usual I enjoyed being up on stage. 

I snagged a spot front and center. I sang my little heart out with the amazing Willie K. And I promise the woman next to me had fun, despite the frown on her face. 

The day after the festival I celebrated with a day off from work (this is significant because I haven't had many of those recently). I decided to enjoy the day with a two-hour hike through Makiki Valley. 

Hiking is always better with a good friend. 

Who knew all this beauty was right in my backyard?!?

I'll skip over the work week, cause that's not very interesting. But rather, I'll get to the good part... Dinner out with friends!!!

I tried something new, Laksa. It's a spicy seafood soup... Yum-o! 

And since Panya Bistro is known for their desserts, I finished with Japanese cheesecake. It's just as cheesy as the NYC version but a whole lot fluffier. 

And then outta no where this week I ran into something that reminded me of home. 
I miss my GA friends!

And now for the pic of the week:

I love this picture for SO many reasons. I was so glad I got to share the ukulele festival with one of my besties. And then apparently FB thinks I look just like my sister. Double win ;-)

Mahalo!

1 comment: