Tuesday, July 7, 2015

YOLO

This weekend my friends and I got into a discussion about the text-speak being used these days. Some of the gems that came up included: IMO, SMH, kk, TBH and HBD. The one that stuck with me was YOLO (you only live once). I only have this one life to life. You betcha I'm gonna make the most of it. This weekend was an excellent example. 

Did I want to go to the Waikiki fireworks...Yes!

Did I want to celebrate our country's independence ... Yes!

Did I want to hike up a mountain ridge... Yes!

Did I want to eat brunch... Yes!

Did I want to get up early to workout on my day off... well maybe not 6am early, but YES!

After a weekend of saying yes I feel accomplished & happy (and maybe a little tired too). Here's the pictures of my adventures:

I thought the fireworks were truly magical. Perhaps the music was a bit cheesy, but there's nothing like watching the 4th of July show at the beach. 

Nothing says 4th of July like a red-white-blue pedicure. 

Except perhaps the U.S. flag on top of Olomana. 

I've taken my rock climbing skills to the next level. Obviously. 

French toast covered in local honey and tropical fruit... Don't mind if I do ;-)

Cause this weekend I hiked (Y)OLOmana Trail (don't worry the graffiti was there before I arrived). 

YOLO!!!!!!

And now for the pic of the week:

After hiking 2+ hrs up the mountain I discovered I knew some of the people hanging out at the top. Small island!

Mahalo!


1 comment:

  1. So proud of you and so happy for you. Loving your post .

    ReplyDelete