Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I'm a planner

When I met my HI bestie, early on we had a conversation that went something like this...

Me: So, what do you do?

Her: I'm a planner. 

Me: Oh, me too. I love planning. 

Her: Really! What type of planning do you do?

Me: Ummmm, you know I like to make lists and things. 

Her: (stares at me awkwardly) You do know that I meant city/urban planner right!?!

Me: Oh, yeah. Right. (mental palm to forehead)

So it didn't go EXACTLY like that, but you get the idea. And the take home point is that I like to plan!

This week I put my planning skills to use. 

What better use of of my skills then planning a night out? I combined several amazing things: time with my bestie, walking, shopping, eating and drinking. Woot woot! 

And of course I "planned" on drinking a fruity cocktail on a weeknight. If you share, the calories don't count, right?!? (photo credit: Nathalie R)

Next another friend took me to Costco. I bought heaps of food and was able complete my meal planning for the week. 

Here's my loot from Costco. I turned all this goodness into cheesy omelettes, yogurt parfaits and several sides of steamed veggies. Yum-o!

I also got to attend my chigiri-e art class. I think my sensei is really starting to see potential in me. I put all my methodical and critical thinking skills to work. It took several hours & some help, but I finally selected the perfect paper to create my wintery, beachy background. 

Choosing the perfect washi can be stressful, but I did it. I had a lot of input from sensei, my friends and my classmates. If fact even an eight year old had an opinion!

Now I expect some oh's and ah's cause so far this project is darn near perfect. Trust me ;-)

And now for the pic of the week:
I captured this rainbow on my walk home and sent a little aloha to a friend on the mainland. 

Mahalo!

1 comment: