Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hawaii bound

Well today want the day. All the hard work of the last month paid off and I'm officially in Honolulu, HI! Today was a day of ups and downs (literally with the flight), but here's a quick summary of my day:
- 4 am wake up call
- 5 am leave for the Atl airport
- 7 am fly to Chicago
- 10 am fly to Honolulu
- 3 pm arrive ( though this feels like 8pm to me)
- 4 pm was busy... meet boss, see new apt, sign lease
- 5 pm discover toilet doesn't work
- 5:30pm meet Hawaiian plumber
- 6 pm walk to grocery store to discover they only accept cash 
-7 pm walk to a 2nd grocery store and buy the "essentials"
-7:30 pm pass up the combination Pizza Hut/Taco Bell to try a more authentic Asian dinner
- 8 pm start watching tv
At some point I should probably go to bed since it's currently 1am to my body... Yikes!!!! Let's end with some pictures:

Land ho! My first sighting of the island over the wing of the plane. 
Local grocery has a "southern" section, though it was mostly Zannarrans (yuck). 
The "essentials" which set me back $50 😮

Asian Mix dinner of noodles, tofu and veggies. As a bonus they through in some orange chicken.  Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. band aids was in the essentials??? Did you hurt yourself already? Can't wait to see pics of the new home! Cheeeeeeeeeeese sandwich!

    ReplyDelete