Thursday, November 28, 2013

It's time to be grateful

Today is thanksgiving. A day to be grateful for everything in your life. It's also my first major holiday away from home. Without all the regular family traditions I've found I've had lots of time to think about all the things I'm thankful for. Here's a few:
10.  The beautiful weather. I'm amazed at how sunshine really does impact my mood!
9. Sunsets, my new favorite holiday. 
8. Having a job that helps pay for all the things I want/need. 
7. I blessed everyday with good health. Working in a hospital, I know the value of feeling well. 
6. I am extremely grateful for my iPhone. It has helped keep me entertained, keep me in touch, prevented me from getting lost and most importantly... FaceTime!

5. Comfy shoes. With all the walking I do, you can't underestimate comfortable shoes. Right now my yoga mat slippers (aka flip flops) are my favorite!

4. I have amazing friends who make me feel like I'll never be alone. Wen though they're miles away I appreciate all the email, calls, texts and Facebook messages. 
3. I have the best extended family. I am lucky enough to love all my Drake and Gumbel family. 
2. My sweet Josie. I am grateful for every minute that we have spent together the last 12 years. 

1. My Mom, Dad and sister. They are not only my family, but some of my best friends. I love them more than anything!

Happy Thabkdgiving!!!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the list, and you ! Hope you enjoyed your first Hawaiian Thabdgiving!

    ReplyDelete