Wednesday, November 20, 2013

In just one week...


In just one week you can learn a lot. 

Since moving to Honolulu I've learned the following (in no particular order):
- You can feel like a forgeiner even when you're still in the US.
- The weather report/temp means nothing. Humidity and air flow make a bigger difference (you'd think if know that coming from Atl). 
- It can take 3 hrs to run a simple errand when you don't have a car. 
- And on that same note, comfy shoes are not so comfy after walking 6 miles. 
- Hawaii doesn't have squirrels, snakes or billboards... Weird. 
- Hawaii does have lots of pay phones... Weirder. 
- Little dogs love to be pushed around in strollers (or maybe their owners just like pushing). 
- I cannot eat Asian food 3x/day. I also can't eat hot food when I'm feeling hot. 
- I do like eating cold noodles and acai bowls... Yum!
- It's been seven nights and I've seen seven different sunsets. 

Now for some pictures:
Here's the yummy acai bowl I mentioned. I'm gonna need to learn to make these at home!
And here's another yummy, cold soba noodles. 
Yup, just a little hula at the mall. 
Something about the sun here makes me want to take backlit photos. 
Not 1, but four Hawaiian pay phones. 
And this was my favorite photo of the week taken mid-afternoon at Kuhio Park in Waikiki. Mahalo!

2 comments:

  1. Acai bowls are the best! I fell in love in HI. I found acai puree at Whole Foods and the farmers market upon my return. I'm sure you can find it there. It's not inexpensive, but then again neither is an acai bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No billboards at all???? That is weirder than payphones, to me. So very jealous of all that beautiful sunshine!

    ReplyDelete