Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Getting rid of the f-word

The f-word doesn't have to be a cuss word. It can also stand for failing.  And the f-word just isn't an option. . . 

Anyone who knows me, knows that I've given up on New Years resolutions. I know the statistics:
1:2 adults make a resolution
~ 80% give up before the end of the year 

This year I read an article about a new phenomenon: Fail Friday. Apparently a London paper identified Friday January 25th as the day that the "average Joe" gives up their new habits. 

Well, "Fail Friday" was a little different for me this year. While everyone was tossing aside their healthy habits, I was picking up some new ones. Since I've changed where I live & where I work, why not change what I eat and my level of activity.   

I decided to join a weight loss competition at work & bought a Groupon for a gym. 

So while I still haven't made a resolution per se, I am working on getting rid of the f-word. Failing is not an option. 

Here's some pictures:
This is the gym I joined. Fitness Ranes is all about Bootcamp style workouts with small classes. 
This is the artwork outside the gym. She's my inner warrior spirit. This is also what I think I look like when I work out. 
This is what I really look like... Yikes!
I've started back drinking my green smoothies again. 
But that doesn't mean I deprive myself of all treats. I just save them for something good like a malasada. 

Hopefully in the next 30,60, & 90 days I'll have more updates. But as of today, current weight loss since moving to HI: 15 lbs. 

And now for the pic of the week:
This is from the annual carnival held at my neighborhood school. The 2-day event raises enough money to provide scholarship money for the students who need it. FYI- This is the school that Obama attended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment