Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The 'Rents

Last week Mom and Dad came to visit. They had a whole lot of reasons to come. 
1. To see me (duh). 
2. Memorial Day holiday weekend. 
3. Start of summer break for Mama (her last one ever). 
4. And last, but definately not least, they were celebrating their 39th wedding anniversary. Woot woot!

For their trip, each of us had a couple of things we wanted to accomplish. I wanted to relax, enjoy time off from the job and work on my tan. Dad wanted to snorkel and eat shrimp from a food truck. Mom's request was to see Lanikai Beach and go on a hike. 

We only had a week, but I think we were successful at completing everything on our list. Now I just have 7 long months until I see the 'rents again. 

Here are some pictures from the week:

Happy hour on Waikīkī Beach. 
Fancy pants dinner at Roy's. 
On dad's to-do list: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck. Check!
Big 'ol shave ice at Island Snow. 
Hiked to the top of Diamondhead. I'm not sure the Gumbels are hikers, but the views were amazing. 
We took a drive up the Windward coast. I really do live on a beautiful rock!

And now for the pic of the week:
Huge rainbow on my walk to my first day back to work

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment