Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Challenge Time!

Everyone loves a healthy challenge. Particularly when the challenge is, you know, healthy. I've seen how the ab challenge is sweeping Facebook (though I've yet to join in). 

This month I'm repeating one of my favorite challenges, the Green Smoothie Challenge. The deal is simple. Just drink at least 16 oz of green smoothie goodness every day for 30 days. This will be my third time participating. 

Luckily the ladies at www.simplegreensmoothies.com make this challenge super easy. Every week they email me a grocery list and five new recipes. Last week I tried a "Pineapple Upside Down Smoothie" and this week I had a delicious "Blackberries and Cream Smoothie". During the week I'm drinking one serving for breakfast and another as a pre-workout snack. On the weekends I'm sipping on a smoothie as I sit on my lanai. 

This isn't about weight loss (though you won't hear me complaining if it happens), but it's about supporting my goals of eating healthy and getting in my daily fruits and veggies. If I drink two smoothies a day, I'm guaranteed 2 cups of leafy greens and 2 servings of fruit AND it tastes good! 

This is one of my favorites: coconut water, spinach, apples,orange and banana. 

This smoothie is a cleanser and is a little more instense with cilantro flavor. 

And when you add a bunch of frozen blackberries, the green smoothie ends up purple. Yay!

Never tried a green smoothie, but nervous they'll be too GREEN. Here's one that's easy to make and tastes delicious!

Beginner's Luck (2 servings) 
From www.simplegreensmoothies.com
2 cups fresh spinach
2 cups water
1 cup pineapple
2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- Blend the spinach and water for a minute
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Blend until smooth
- Serve in a cute cup with a fancy straw

And now for the pic of the week:
As great as this picture is, it isn't half as amazing as the actual sunset. 

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment