Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wonderful Weekend

This weekend I made up for lost time. I was finally feeling better and was up for some fun. I think I might have been feeling a little wild & crazy cause I even skipped out on a workout to go out. 

Thanks to friends who know what pau hana is all about, I discovered Manifest. It's a bar in Chinatown that has specialty cocktails and amazing happy hour deals. I celebrated with not one, but two, old fashioneds. Cheers!
Bourbon, oh how I've missed you!

After drinks it was time to fill my belly cause I was getting HANGRY! On the last Friday of each month is an event called "Eat the Streets". Tons trucks all park in one lot and cook foods based on a theme. This months theme... Spicy! 

Everything I had at the food truck event was Ono... Literally!

Saturday wouldn't be Saturday without a workout at Fitness Ranes. Plus I had to make up for skipping out on Friday night!
(Shhhh I totally stole this pic from IG @alexhiga). 

On Sunday I did something huge... I finally joined Pinterest. I don't really need another way to waste time online, but I was starting to have a hard time keeping track of recipes I had tried and liked (or didn't). 
I've becoming a pro at "pinning". So far I'm using my boards to keep track of healthy foods

And now for the pic of the week:
Here's the veggie breakfast casserole I made. Yum-o!

Recipe 
2 cups kale, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, sliced  
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp coconut oil
10 eggs
1/4 c milk
1 cup cheese
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Squirt of siracha 

- Sauté veggies in oil until soft. Set aside to cool. 
- Whisk eggs & milk. 
- Add cheese, veggies and seasonings. 
- Place in a greased casserole dish. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35 minutes. 
- Enjoy right away or you can warm up individual potions each morning like I've been doing. 

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment