Saturday, September 20, 2014

Celebrate good times...Come on!

This week was all about celebration. 

On Friday night I went out with the girls. We were celebrating my friend's Hawaiian anniversary. What's a "Hawaiian anniversary"? It's when haoles remember the date they moved to the island. I'm not sure this is an official celebration... But we sure made it one. 

We started out the night with cocktails. We then took the festivities up a notch with some party favors. Finally we finished up with some legitimately good pizza (My friend is from NYC, so she would know). The pizza was a special treat since I've only had it a couple of times since the move. 
Cocktails and blowouts... Cheers!
Pizza at JJ Dolans. The Joisey (white pizza) was delicious!

On Sunday I went to a baby shower. One of my co-workers is having twins. Showers are a nice time to celebrate the momma-to-be, but it's also just a good excuse to hang out with the girls. 
We went to Macaroni Grill, which I'm pretty sure I haven't eaten at since college. Between the pizza on Friday and the pasta on Sunday I'm surprised I'm not in a carb coma. 

Since it wouldn't be a shower without gifts, I tried to come up with a cute gift idea. After spending some time on Pinterest I found the most adorable idea for cupcakes made out of onesies and tiny baby socks. 

These are my "cupcakes". So stinking cute if I say so myself. 
I packaged them up in a bakery box with some speech worthy items tied on top. 

The final "celebration" was mostly sentimental. A year ago this week I made the decision to move to HI. I remember making a pro/con charts, talking with my family and finally making the decision standing in the parking lot of Allison's place before we went to dinner at La Tavola. Ahhhh... Memories!

And now for the pic of the week:
Sunsets + Instagram = Gorgeous results

Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog ! I love reading your weekly reports on your life. I hope & pray that you always see your decision as a good one . Know that you always have a home & family that loves & misses you .

    ReplyDelete