Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Birthday Bash

They say it's my birthday. Do do do do doodoo. I'm gonna have a good time. Do do do do doodoo!

This past week I celebrated my birthday. When I lived on the mainland I had a few b-day traditions. Every year I would have a celebration with my family. This would involve a home cooked meal (fried chicken, mashed potatoes, strawberry salad and cake) and presents. I also liked to do a dinner out with a couple of friends (last year was La Tavola... yum-o!). And in recent history sister has bought me tickets to Music Midtown so I've been able to celebrate with a weekend long music festival. 

This year was a little different. I couldn't be with the family, but I still had a weekend of fun and, of course, food!

Friday night I went to the Eat the Street food truck event with a group from the gym. This month's theme was Oktoberfest with lots of beer, sausages and pretzels to choose from. 
The weather couldn't make up up its mind (rain, sun, rain). On the plus side there was a beautiful rainbow. 
An appetizer of hashrounds with beer cheese. 
The only thing better than mac salad from All Kine Grindz?!? Free mac salad from All Kine Grindz... Woot woot!!!
Sushi sliders. Very ono. 
I finally got to try the lilikoi lemonade in the mason jars. Usually the line is 30+ mins long, but with the unpredictable weather the lines weren't as bad.  
Pop Pop Donuts had a car bomb special with a Guinness and Irish creme glaze. Yummy in my tummy. 

On Saturday I went out brunch with my Hawaiian bestie. She took me to this cute breakfast place, Sweet E Cafe. 
Unlimited refills of delicious coffee. 
Lox and cream cheese. Only thing that would have made it better? A bagel from Goldbergs!

On Sunday, the attention switched from me to another friend who was celebrating her birthday. We celebrated her day with a pool party, board games and dinner out. After the long weekend, I was exhausted and ready for bed. Now it's back to reality!

And now for the pic of the week:
This Smart car made me smile :-) OK Bye!


Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment