Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Good mornings

With the Winter Soltice approaching the days are getting shorter and shorter. The sun is barely up during my walk to work. By the time I'm done with the gym it's already dark out. Lately I've been feeling like I need a second cup of coffee. 

The drawback to the short days is it's still dark when I'm supposed to get out of bed making crawling out ever so hard. On the plus side I've been able to catch some beautiful sunrises. After 11 months of posting sunset pictures I thought I'd switch things up. Here's what Honolulu looks like in the morning:

 With the winter clouds it makes the sun even more dramatic. 

This morning picture has an ever so faint rainbow in the clouds. 

Here's the sun peeking behind the hospital construction. 

Crosswalks, palm trees and sunshine. That's what mornings in HI are made of. 

And now for the pic of the week:
My bags are all packed and I'm ready to go. In less than 24 hrs I'll be home and as my family says "I'm too excited to sleep"!!!

Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels, Super Penny!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! See you at the gym in 2015! :)

    ReplyDelete