Sunday, October 26, 2014

This is getting serious

In just a few short months my relationship with Pinterest has gotten quite serious. Just like with Facebook, I procrastinated and joined the trend late. But I quickly went from a casual pinner to a Pinterest Fanatic

Unlike a lot of pinners out there, I try to follow through. I don't try to accumulate a gaggle of boards with hundreds of pins apiece. Rather I have about ten boards each filled with things I've already tried or expect to try in the near distant future. 

This past weekend was an excellent example. My friend was turning another year older and decided to celebrate by throwing herself a party. I volunteered to contribute pupus for the party. After scouring Pinterest I found the perfect treats for me to make .... they were simple and delicious!
Caramel + Chocolate + Pretzel = yum-o! (Though I'm pretty sure my aunt made these WAY before Pinterest existed)

These bite-sized s'more "lollipops" we're cute and delicious. 

And of course I fell back on an old favorite, crack crackers. 

But Pinterest isn't just for cooking, it's for crafting too. With Halloween right around the corner I've been working on my homemade Halloween costume. The theme for my department at work is sushi so I decided to be shrimp nigiri. Though one of my co-workers has pointed out my costume is not authentic since nigiri is not traditionally wrapped in nori. Oh well.  
Here's the hand-stitched ebi shirt with a black scarf functioning as nori.

And what's sushi without a side of wasabi and ginger?!?

Although I'm a Pinterest Fanatic, I don't think I want to make this relationship exclusive quite yet. I mean, I still enjoy spending time with Facebook, Instagram and Blogger ;-)

And now for the pic of the week:
This mama and baby snail were hanging out on a wall on my route to work. 

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment