Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Cocktails and Crafts

This week I've really settled into my vacation. Now some people I know might get bored with all this extra time on their hands. I, on the other hand, had no problem filling my time. This past week I rediscovered my love of crafts and whiskey (though not at the same time). 

Right now my drink is a Manhattan. This beverage is an excellent choice for multiple reasons: It's fancier to look at than a plain 'ol Jack and diet; All the liquor encourages me to sip slowly; And I like to switch things up, but don't stray too far from the brown liquors. 

In the Highlands I got a schmancy one with a big ice cube at Murphy's. 

Here's a lovely Manhattan from Midtown's South City Kitchen. 

Since a girl can't drink all the time, I turned to Pinterest to ensure I wasn't boreded. Now usually I pin food and recipes, but this week I started a craft board. To start things off I completed some holiday crafts. I made a festive wreath for my Mama, some gifts for friends and handcrafted boxes to wrap those gifts. 

Here's the 154 felt circles I cut by hand. Notice they're taller than my head!

Here's the final product. Ho Ho Ho!

My gift boxes are still flat in preparation for air travel; however, this is what they are supposed to look like according to the Pinterest directions I followed. I guess we will have to wait until next week to see if they are a success or a fail. 

Now this is the point where I'd post a picture of my other projects, but I don't want the recipients to see my gifts before I hand them out. Maybe in another post...

And now for the pic of the week:
I finally attempted making my own acai bowl. It was definately sweeter than the Blue Hawaii version, but it tasted delish. 

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment