Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Cold Hands, Warm Heart

This week my holiday vacation began. I've saved up a bunch of PTO and wanted to use it to spend time with my family. That means a trip to the mainland. Woot woot!

In the last week I've traveled through or stayed in the following states: HI, WA, GA, TN, KY, OH and IN. The changes in weather has been quite a shock to my system. I keep joking that I haven't felt my toes since Seattle... But seriously my feet ARE cold!

The positive side of all this travel is getting to see a bunch of my family. I got to spend time with aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. And of course I got to do the long car ride with mom, dad and sister. One thing I noticed though, is seeing so much family makes me aware of the ones I didn't get to see. 

Because I was focusing so much on family I didn't spend a ton of time taking pictures.  Here's a couple that I took:
 
This trip is slowly, but surely getting me in the Christmas spirit.  

The landscape and weather on the mainland is quite a contrast to winter in HI. 

One of my favorite parts of family time is seeing all of my cousins kids. It's amazing how much they've grown up in the last year. 

This truly is "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year". 

So while I may be spending a lot of this trip complaining about the weather I truly believe that cold hands (or feet) are just a sign of a warm heart. And right now my heart is full of love and warmth!

And now for the pic of the week:
I snapped this selfie as soon as I stepped out of the airport. Watch out mainland, Penny's here!


Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment