Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Vacation is over & it's time to get back to the real world. Last week was the culmination of my vacation with the Christmas holiday. I spent some real quality time with family. We did all of our favorite holiday traditions, but were able to make some new ones as well. 

It wouldn't be Xmas without my Mom's decorations. This year she decorated a tree with a spoon collection from my great-grandma 

Mexican train dominoes is a family favorite. This year we got to share the game with a new player. 

When the cards are out it's usually because we're playing hand in foot. This year when family friends came over we got to play a six person game. 

Sister had the genius idea to make Bloody Marys. I think this will be a new tradition for years to come. 

I wanted to share a bit of the islands with my family, so I made pumpkin crunch. I know pumpkins don't immediately bring up thoughts of HI, but the recipe was created by a local chef, Sam Choy. 

So now I'm back in HI and a thre song goes it's time to get back to reality. Luckily this is my reality:
 Just another pretty sunrise. No biggie. 

And now for the pic of the week:
Check out this cute family that accidentally color coordinated. Adorbs!

Mahalo!




1 comment:

  1. I realy enjoyed the week and great re-living it thru your blog. I love the old & new traditions. Must be because I love the people .

    ReplyDelete