Tuesday, February 10, 2015

B-E-A-utiful

When you stop and look around, the world really is a beautiful place. This is especially true when you live in HI. This week I found myself taking the time to enjoy all the beauty around me. 

On Sunday I got to expirience the best the island has to offer. The sky was blue. There was a slight breeze. And I got to join a group of friends for an amazing hike. With nothing more than a little internet research and directions stating "first hike to the puka, then keep going", we found ourselves hiking from the Makapu'u Lighthouse to Deadman's Catwalk. 

The hike followed the coastline with gorgeous views of the beaches and reefs. 

Here's the infamous puka mentioned in the directions. 

We hiked that whole ridge!

And our reward was the view looking over Deadman's Catwalk. 

On Saturday my focus was on making something beautiful. I took a class on washi chigiri-e, Japanese paper tearing. In the class they provided us with supplies, taught us the technique and guided us through our first project. 

Here's my finished product. The instructor told me my creative touches were "interesting". 

And of course the class was more fun because of the excellent company. 

And a week focusing on beauty wouldn't be complete if I didn't focus on myself. I spent Thursday evening with my friend (who happens to be a hair stylist). She pampered me, gave me a new look and helped me to feel beautiful. 

 
The top pics are the work in progress. The bottoms pics are the two different ways of wearing my hair: sleek vs. wavy. I love it. 

And now for the pic of the week:

I love this group shot 
at the Makapu'u puka. 

Mahalo!





1 comment:

  1. Wow x 2 ! Seems like a great week with great pics. Love you & your blog .

    ReplyDelete