Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Island lifestyle

This week was extra special. I got to share HI with my Mainland BFF. I wanted to show her the best Oahu has to offer so I visited all of my favorite spots. Although I had been to all these places before it was interesting seeing them through a new person's perspective. 

All visitors that come and see me start their trip off with Mai Tais, pupus and a sunset at the Moana Surfrider. 

To expirience some of the islands history we stopped by the Punchbowl War Memorial. I found a plaque that I've never seen before. This made me think of my Gpa (I sent both grandparents a text to let them know I was thinking of them). 

Valentines day on top of Diamondhead means a cheesy photo shoot. 

This was a great week to visit since Chinatown was full of excitement celebrating the new year!

This was a new scene for me. It was my first time to the Leeward coast with the gorgeous sunset at the lagoons. 

 Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay...one of the best spots in Hi. 

Hiking to the Lanikai Pillboxes on a weekday morning is a whole new expirience. . . Very relaxing. 

I've eaten at Cinnamons before, but never Cinnamons at Ilikai and never had the guava chiffon pancakes. Yum-o. 

Overall a chockfull week with lots to see and do. And now only two more days until the weekend ;-) 

Here's the pic of the week:
 I'm showing of the "guns" while hiking Diamondhhead. 

Mahalo!


1 comment: