Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lucky we live HI

There's a phrase you hear a lot on this island. And after spending some time here it makes a lot of sense. 

Lucky we live Hawaii 

Yes I have to go to work. Yes I have to everyday chores like grocery shopping, laundry and washing dishes by hand. But when I'm not doing those things, I get to pretend I'm a tourist. 

This weekend felt like an extension of my vacation from last week. On Saturday I went sea kayaking. We took rental boats out to a little island off shore of Lanaikai, Mokulua. 

On Sunday I went on a 3+ hour hike through a beautiful wooded area that eventually overlooked the island I was on the day before, Hahaione.  

Check out some of the pictures:

This lovely panorama shows the second Moke as well as the sea kayaks lined up on the shoreline. 

Don't be fooled by this posed shot... I had no idea what I was doing!

After all that paddling we deserved to sit back on the sand and relax. 

This hike was different than many of the others. We spent most of the morning under the shade of trees, some of them similar to the pine trees of GA. 

The hike also featured what I called "obstacles". There were roots, slippery pinecones and slopes that required a rope to maneuver up and down. 

The best part of the hike? The reward of the beautiful vista once we reached the top of the mountain. 

Luckily we were able to get a group shot that included the amazing view. 

After this busy weekend I'm refreshed, ready to go back to work and definitely feeling lucky to live in Hi. 

And now for the pic of the week:

This was a log hanging near the trail. What you can't see are all the little ants crawling on the bark. 

Mahalo!








No comments:

Post a Comment