Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Festival Season

Festival season was always my favorite time of year in Atlanta. When describing it to my Hawaiian friends I jokingly state it's the period between March and October where every weekend is filled with wine, beer, art and food. 

Right now winter is starting to feel like the Hawaiian festival season. A couple of weeks ago I was celebrating the New Year at the Japanese Cultural Center, this weekend was the beginning of the Chinese New Year celebrations. 

Chinese New Year is based on the lunar calendar so it's on a different date every year. This year the official date is February 19th though the festivities seem to be going on all month. 

Eat the Streets is a themed food truck event that occurs the last Friday. This month featured Chinese food, noodle dishes and a lion dance. Sadly my options for Chinese food were pretty limited, since every truck chose to use pork. Haha. 

Check out some pictures from the evening:

It isn't New Year without a lion dance!

I got a plate of garlic shrimp, mac salad and rice. More Hawaiian than Chinese, but still ono. 

The one "Chinese" special I was able to enjoy... dragon fruit lemonade. Check out how my drink matches my shirt that matches my glasses ;-)

And now for the pic of the week:

Mahalo!


1 comment:

  1. That picture is amazing. Love your blog and love you. Sharing your new life in this way is great. It let's us see a new world while revealing personal glimpses of you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete