Thursday, April 16, 2015

Little help

You all know the song:

"I get by with a little help from my friends". 

Well I wouldn't be able to continue on my health and fitness journey if it wasn't for some of the amazing friends I have made here in HI. 

I have a co-worker who's helping me learn new things. This week's factoid: vegetarian sources of protein have incomplete amino acids so you have to pair them up to make the most of your meal. 

I have another friend who can make any workout entertaining. She laughs freely, cheers frequently and will support me on days when I'm down. 

But recently I've been struggling with my meal plans. I was complaining to a gym mate about how I have great meals planned, but stray when I'm stressed or tempted by delicious food. My friend offered up the solution of being accountability partners. 

Workout and now nutrition buddies too. 

So we've been texting each other every meal and snack. Some texts are a quick "another oatmeal" or "snacking on cuties". But the better ones contain pictures. Here's a couple: 

Strawberries have been on sale and delicious this week. 

Snacking at work. 

Breakfast for dinner, my fav. 

Cheat meal, cause sticking to a meal plan all day/every day isn't going to happen. 

We will see if having a partner keeps me on track. My eating still hasn't been perfect, but I think twice before straying from my meal plan. 

And now for the pic of the week:
This little meme has been my fitspo for the week. Hey girl!

Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are back posting. I really miss the updates. Love you

    ReplyDelete