Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Crafty girl

This past Saturday was a whirlwind. I can hardly remember everything that I did. Luckily, I have a few concrete reminders of my day's activities. 

Recently I've been tapping into my artistic side. I've been taking a monthly art class courtesy of the Japanese Cultural Center. This month I finished up my Girl's/Boy's Day project. Initially my sensei thought the perceptive was off, but with a little extra work we agreed the final product was cute. 


And because one craft project wasn't enough Nathalie and I decided to try out making ribbon leis. They're relatively easy to make... Unless you have sore shoulders from working out. Haha. 


I finished the day with a hike. And of course that wouldn't be complete without a few artsy photos:

Silhouettes at Sunset

Aloha Hawaii (PC: Kim G)

My Happy Place (PC: Manny DJ)

Shakas (PC: Nathalie R)

Although the day was busy, I couldn't have asked for a better day. This is how we "relax" in Hawaii. 

And now for the pic of the week:

Here's another stunning picture from Saturday's hike. 

Mahalo!

1 comment: