Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Summer solstice

This past week we experienced the longest day of the year, the summer solstice. On the local news I heard the day described from two perspectives:

- A pessimist sees the solstice as the beginning of the end of summer with every day getting closer to winter. 
- An optimist celebrates every extra second of sunlight. 

Typically I tend to describe myself as a realistic, neither overly optimistic or pessimistic. The glass isn't half full or half empty. The glass is just a glass. However, on June 21st I put on my half full sunglasses and enjoyed everything the day had to offer. 

Diamond Head may be a tourist trap, but it's a quick and easy hike that's great for anyone. 

The weather was really clear, allowing for great visibility. 

I love these girls!

I think I've  realized there is a direct correlation between my attitude and the number of hours spent outside. Vitamin D is no joke. Thank you Summer Solstice!

And now for the pic of the week:
You gotta love this classic family photo in honor of Father's Day. 

Mahalo!

1 comment: