Monday, June 15, 2015

Playing hooky

Every Sunday afternoon I go to ukulele class. However, some Sundays I like to skip out on class. This weekend was one of those weekends. I needed to hike with my girls. 

We decided to try out Wiliwilinui. This is a ridge hike on the east side. Like Koko Head it involves what seems like one million steps, but throughout the hike we were rewarded with amazing views. At one point I could see from Chinaman's Hat to Diamond Head & from Koko Head to Ewa Beach. That's practically the whole island!

This ridge hike is perfectly legal, so I recommend giving it a try... Your quads and glutes will thank me!

Directions: Take the H1 East, past Kahala Mall. Turn left on Laukahi St and follow it up to the gated entrance. The guard on duty will give you a day pass and a map up to the parking lot for the trail. 

Here's some pictures:

The entire trail was well marked. 

Just a little stretch break (PC: Julia C)

This rope swing was our last moment of rest before we started climbing up, up, up! (PC: Ali K)

We went just beyond the radio tower. (PC: Julia C)

LOTS of stairs and a couple of ropes as well. 

We were so high we were actually in the clouds!

Worth it. (PC: Ali K)

So while I normally recommend following through with your commitments, every once in awhile it's worth playing hooky and experiencing something new!

And now for the pic of the week:

One last group shot before we finished. (PC: Ali K)

Mahalo!


1 comment:

  1. So inspred by you & your athleticism . Great pic as always. Looks like you are Lovin your life. Dad

    ReplyDelete