Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Best. Weekend. Ever.

Last year Labor Day Weekend was hard for me. I remember missing my family a lot. Now while it's still hard being away from my family, this year I managed to have the Best Weekend Ever. 

For most people Labor Day means a long weekend. Since I've switched up my work hours I didn't get an extra day, but what I DID get was to spend more time with my friends. It was nice spending Monday with people versus just getting all my errands done. 

And because I was trying to squeeze three days of fun into two days, I was super-duper busy. Check out all the fun stuff I did:
Although I have no pictures to prove it, I helped one of my FitFam girls celebrate her birthday. 

The Okinawian Festival was going on in Kapiolani park. I attempted to get a little cultural lesson. 

Mostly what I ended up doing was eating andagi (okinawian donuts). 

A holiday weekend wouldn't be complete without brunch. Yelp described this place as having a "hipster ambiance". I liked the cocoa/coconut frappe and the ricotta pancakes... Yum-O!

And even though it was a holiday, the local dive bar was still having pau hana specials. It doesn't take many Mai tais before we get silly. (PC: Nathalie)

So if you haven't figured it out yet, all I need to have a good time is good people, good food and some sunshine. This weekend was a wonderful success!

And now for the pic of the week:
The cousins got together & I'm sad I couldn't be there but so happy FlatPenny was there to represent. (PC: KC)

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment