Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Rain, rain

Rain, rain go away
Come again another day

It has been raining almost every day for the last week. Apparently El Niño is a real thing. Hawaii has had three hurricanes pass us by and now we've been having the hottest, most humid, rainy weather (and this is coming from a girl raised in the south). 

The positives of all this rain are ... Well I'm having problems thinking of any. 

The negatives are:

I'm wet. Like all the time. Since I walk to work I've yet to find a coat/jacket combo that keeps me dry. 

The road outside my apartment will occasionally have class 1 rapids. Some mornings it might be easier to kayak to work versus walking. 

I miss the sun. It's hard to keep up a gorgeous tan when you're inside all the time. 

And finally my electric bill. Because the heat/humidity has been so nasty I've been forced to use my window AC unit in the evenings. This has doubled my electric bill!

And now for some pics:
At least my rain boots have come in handy. Cause dry feet are nice. 

But some days my feet are the only dry things about me. 

There's so much rain even the rainbows are barely making an appearance. 

This was one of the times it wasn't rainy... I miss those days. 

And now for the pic(s) of the week:


This week we celebrated Grandparents Day. These are my favorite pictures of each set of my grandparents. Aren't they the cutest?!?

Mahalo!


1 comment: