Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Here comes the Sun

It seems like the record setting heat wave may almost be over. This summer has been full of days with temperatures in the 90's. As a girl raised in the Deep South, I'm no stranger to hot summer days. However this weather feels even hotter as the wind is still and the humidity is high. This week the tradewinds came back and the weather in Honolulu was almost pleasant. 

Over the weekend I enjoyed the weather with a beach day. I met up with a group of my friends on the beach of Waikiki. Half of the group spent the day surfing. I was in the other half... I spent the day lounging in the sand. 
The view from my towel. 
Diamondhead was super green and the ocean was super blue. 
By the afternoon I needed a little something to cool me down. 

It's hard to believe that it's October and officially fall. 

I'm not sure if it's because of the return of the winds, but the sunsets have been amazing this week. Lots of clouds in the sky to reflect all the pinks, purples and blues. 

Here's some of the photos I captured this week from my lanai:




And now for the pic of the week:
Perhaps its the changing weather, but I've got a case of the sniffles. So I brought out the trusty "P" mug and enjoyed a warm cuppa tea. 

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment