Saturday, October 18, 2014

Party Pooper

Nothing ruins a week worse than a cold. Actually nothing ruins a week worse than a cold and a hurricane. 

This week I was attacked by a serious cold bug. It was no Ebola, but it sure knocked me on my behind. I spent most of the week in bed. When I wasn't sleeping I spent my time catching up on daytime tv. While laying in bed I discovered only two things were being covered by the news media: the threat of Ebola and the threat of Hurricane Ana. Every once on in a while a talk show host would mention enterovirus 68 just to switch things up. 

On several occasions the expert panels on Ebola were interrupted by a news update on Ana. With all the talk of impending doom, I now feel like an expert on both. 
Check out this symptom comparison chart. My virus wasn't a match for any of these. Guess my flu shot worked. Also I don't have a rare/deadly disease ... Woot woot!

One of the highlights of the hurricane was  these cute memes referencing Frozen that I found on Facebook. 



Another highlight... With all the rain I got to wear my rainboots!

Now that the rain is gone and my cold is going away, I can stop being such a party pooper and get back to life in paradise. 

And now for the pic of the week:
Yep... They're selling this cute little fella at the grocery store. Arrrgh!


Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment