Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Off to a good start

2015 started off with a bang... Literally. I spent the evening with friends and then we watched the fireworks from the beach. It was a lovely experience ringing in the new year with my favorite people and my toes in the Pacific Ocean.  

What happens when a "photo booth" is setup on a lanai? A whole lotta awesome pictures like this one!

The fireworks were the perfect end to a perfect evening. 

Firework selfie!

On News Years Day I celebrated with a hike. We walked up the Makapuʻu trail to the lighthouse, spotted a couple of whales and then went further up the trail to check out an old military bunker. 

 Here's a view of the east coast. 

Here's the lighthouse the trail is named for. The whales were playing in the distance, but I couldn't get a good picture. 

Here's the bunker at the top of the hill. 

And because one hike just wasn't enough, on Sunday I went and did the Lanikai Pillbox loop. The first half of the hike was full of tourists, but once you get beyond the second pillbox it gets nice and quiet. 

Cute little sign marking the trailhead. 

Check out the panoramic views. 

I'm so strong I can hold up the Mokes ;-)

Check out all the reefs. 

If this week is any indicator, then 2015 is going to be an amazing year!

And now for the pic of the week:
I love my girls (and Roscoe Rascal too)!

Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. Great life ! Being fit has so many advantages, sightseeing being one. You are loved & missed .

    ReplyDelete